*ATTENTION YWCA MEMBERS*
Please know we are doing our absolute best to continue to offer quality aquatics programming and to keep our pool available to you as much as possible. Due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic, we find ourselves short-staffed as many other aquatics facilities are also facing the same challenges. We ask that you please be understanding and patient as we work through these challenging times. Thank you!
Health Benefits of Swimming
- Keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- Tones muscles and builds strength
- Provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming
- Being a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise
- Alleviating stress
- Improving coordination, balance and posture
- Improving flexibility
- Providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
At the YWCA, we provide a variety of recreational and specialty aquatics programs for all ages and abilities, including parent-child lessons, pre-school and school age lessons, private lessons, water exercise, lap and recreation swim, swim team and CPR and Lifeguard classes. Our friendly and knowledgeable aquatics staff are committed to the highest level of excellence in all of our aquatics programs.