Sharks Swim Team
Over 40 years of shark infested waters.
Sharks Swim Team
Winter 2022-23 Season Information
The regular winter season concludes on Sunday, February 26, 2023, after members of the team compete in the Central Penn Aquatic League’s Divisional and All-Star competitions.
Post-Season Training Group
Post-season training will begin on Monday, February 27, 2023, for those swimmers who will be competing in the 2023 Sunkissed Jr./Sr. Championships, March 30-April 2, 2023, in Charlotte, NC.
Click to register for the Post-Season Training Group.
The Sharks Swim Team is for youth between the ages of 5 and 18. The four main goals of our team are sportsmanship, teamwork, fellowship, and fun!
- New swimmers must demonstrate they can swim 25 meters of the pool, each in freestyle and backstroke. (25 meters is the length of our pool)
- Our coaches would love to see any additional skills your swimmer can perform, such as breaststroke, butterfly, dives, or flip turns. However, these skills are not required to join the team.
- Our coaches will determine if your swimmer is ready to join the team.
- Tryouts for new swimmers can be scheduled with Beth Raub, Aquatic, Health & Wellness Director /Sharks Developmental Coach. To schedule an appointment, email gro.grubsyttegacwy@buarb.
What happens after team tryouts?
- If your swimmer successfully passes the tryout requirements, you can have them try the team for two weeks before committing to the entire season. For just $25, your swimmer can practice with the team for two weeks and see how they like it. If you choose to register them for the team at the end of the two weeks, the $25 will be put toward your team fee.
- If the coaches feel your child is not ready to join the team, they recommend you enroll them in swimming lessons at the YWCA. We offer swimming lessons throughout the year that can prepare your child to become a Shark in the future!
Register for the Shark’s Two-Week Trial!
All swimmers are required to participate in the Sharks dual meets. Note: Some practices may be canceled due to holidays, special aquatic events, and inclement weather. Swimmers will be notified of practice cancellations in advance.
Team fees may be paid in full upon registration, or you may opt for four equal EFT payments!
All swimmers MUST be registered before coming to their first practice.
USA PRESEASON TRAINING GROUP
Becoming a member of the Sharks’ USA Team is an opportunity to become more involved in competitive swimming. Tiger Sharks, Blue Sharks, and High School Sharks are eligible for USA swimming with the approval from a coach. USA swimmers participate in preseason practices beginning in mid-September and have the opportunity to attend additional meets throughout the season and compete in events that are not offered in our dual meets. The fee to join USA swimming is paid directly to USA Swimming and is in addition to the YWCA team fees.
Swimmers registered with USA Swimming are expected to participate in USA meets as available.
If you want to learn more about USA Swimming, please contact the coaches at gro.grubsyttegacwy@skrahSACWY.
Ages 6 – 8, and any new swimmer between the ages of 9 – 11. Some participants will have little or no competitive swimming experience. This level focuses on 70% technique and 30% endurance training. Recommended attendance is 2+ times/per week.
Ages 9 – 12, and any new swimmer between the ages of 13 – 15. This level focuses on 50% technique and 50% endurance training. Recommended attendance is 3+ times/per week.
BLUE SHARKS (LEVEL 3)
Ages 13 – 18. This level focuses on 40% advanced technique and 60% endurance training. Recommended attendance is 3-4+ times/per week.
Swim Meet Schedule
All Sharks are required to participate in our dual meets! A meet schedule will be shared as soon as it is available.
Dual meets occur on Saturday mornings/early afternoons. Plan for 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. as the earliest start and latest finish times. All facilities, including ours, will have their own restrictions/policies regarding spectators, food and drink, etc. We will share them with you as we receive them.
Click on the icon to follow us on Facebook:
Click on the icon below to join our private Facebook group:
or search for Sharks Swim Team (Group)
- The Sharks Swim Team is a well-rounded program that is instructional, inclusive, competitive, and fun!
- Our coaching staff has many years of experience and has several members who started their swimming careers as Sharks themselves! Coach Megan Maslowski has led the Sharks for over 20 years!
- The Sharks have a Winter and Summer season, and most team members swim year-round.
- Financial Aid is available to assist families who qualify.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.