The YWCA offers different payment options for those in need of financial assistance.
Financial Assistance for YWCA Child Care
If you need child care but are struggling financially, the YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County has options. Eligible families may qualify for financial assistance on child care tuition at the YWCA.
Qualifying families enrolled in YWCA child care programs are eligible for assistance through the Child Care Information System (CCIS) and the Adams County Assistance Office. Both programs offer financial assistance for child care tuition through the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare.
- Adams County: 717-334-7634
- Franklin County: 717-263-6549
The YWCA offers 6-month pre-kindergarten scholarships to children who wish to attend our Child Enrichment Program but are hampered by insufficient family income. These scholarships are intended to bridge a gap between eligibility to receive Pennsylvania CC funding and full tuition payments. These scholarships are made available through the generosity of several local and regional companies who make PA EITC contributions to the YWCA.
Eligibility requirements and household income guidelines are as follows:
- Resident of Pennsylvania
- Preschool children ages 3–6 years old, but not yet in kindergarten
- Household income may not exceed $76,350, except that an additional income allowance of $15,270 is permitted for the student and for each other dependent as defined by the IRS living within the same household
- For currently enrolled families: accounts must be in good standing (no past due amounts or enrollment fees, current membership, and all co-pays up to date)
- Recipients of childcare subsidies (such as Child Care Consultants [CCIS] and Department of Welfare [DPW]) are NOT eligible.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
Families should fill out an application, available at the YWCA service desk.
Now Accepting Pre-K Scholarship Applications
Applications are accepted from Dec 1-15 for the January through June session and from June 1-15 for July through December.
Our Parent Handbook provides information regarding our policies, procedures, annual closings, and other important materials regarding our programs.