Learn about our fee policies for the YWCA.
Bring about meaningful change in yourself and in your community.
Policies at the YWCA
YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County Release Agreement
By electing to participate in the activities sponsored by, or at, the YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County, I do voluntarily and with full knowledge assume any and all risks of harm or injury to person, property, health, and my well-being which may result from my participation in such activities. I further agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County, its staff, employees, and agents for any and all claims and demands for damages resulting from my or my family members participation in said activities.
I certify that I understand:
- That I should consult with my physician before beginning any exercise program; all equipment is used at your own risk and liability
- There are no refunds for YWCA memberships; no exceptions
- YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County memberships are not transferrable to other persons or YWCAs.
- YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County is not associated with the YMCA. Memberships at YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County cannot be used at YMCA locations except for special circumstances which have clearly defined start and end dates and will be announced as they occur.
- YWCA membership cards are for the exclusive use of the persons to whom they are issued. Violation may result in termination of membership.
- Member benefits terminate with the expiration date. You have 60 days to reactivate your membership before joining fee is charged (where applicable).
- My picture may be captured and used in YWCA publications or promotions.
- As of Sept 1, 2018, children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the facility without an adult.
- That classes and training programs are subject to change at the YWCA’s discretion.
- I will abide by the YWCA’s policies and have received an abridged list of our policies and rules. These policies are subject to change at the YWCA’s discretion.
- A $20 fee will be assessed to Members and/or customers for returned checks or automatic debits when they have insufficient funds.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE. I HAVE THIS RELEASE VOLUNTARILY.
Members, Child Enrichment Program parents, and Rec Pass holders are required to carry YWCA membership cards to access the facility. One free card is issued at time of registration (two for CEP parents). Replacement cards may be purchased for $5.
Your membership card is a photo ID and may only be used by you. Cards/memberships are individual and cannot be shared or interchanged. If a member arrives at the YW and is unaware that their expiration date has been reached, they will be admitted once before renewing the membership.
Class Cancellation and Rescheduling
Occasionally, due to lack of participation, inclement weather, or circumstances beyond our control, a class may be cancelled. You may sign up for an alert to be emailed or texted directly to you as soon as it is posted on the website.
Coupons, Discounts, and Gift Certificates
Please present coupons, etc. at time of payment. Discounts may not be combined. Senior citizen Rec Pass holders are eligible for a 10% discount on annual Rec Passes on the first business day of each month. Gift certificates can be purchased at the service desk. Gift certificates are purchased for a monetary value that may then be redeemed towards a specific service. The price of the service purchased will be determined by the membership level of the certificate redeemer.
Refunds and Credits
Refunds are only given for classes cancelled by the YWCA. No other refunds including membership fees will be issued. Program fees, annual membership dues, and Rec Passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Participants registered for classes who withdraw will receive a pro-rated voucher for the program fees minus a $10 processing charge. Any voucher issued under any program will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
There will be a $35 charge for all returned checks. Repeated returned checks may result in a loss of check writing privileges.
Debts to the YWCA
Individuals owing money to the YWCA due to returned checks, rejected EFTs, past due program balances, or for any other reason must pay the debt immediately. Failure to correct outstanding debt will result in the loss of use of all YWCA facilities and programs for all family members until the debt is paid. Legal action may result as well.