We provide ample resources to help you navigate things like Medicaid, mental health, housing, and more.
Bring about meaningful change in yourself and in your community.
Resources for Pennsylvania Residents
Where to reach Pennsylvania and local government services while practicing social distancing:
- Get mental health help: Text PA to 741-741
- Apply for Medicaid: on.pa.gov/compass
- Apply for SNAP: on.pa.gov/compass
- Apply for WIC: Call 1-800-942-9467
- Get answers to tax questions: revenue-pa.custhelp.com
- Access driver services: dmv.pa.gov/online-services
- Learn about school closures: education.pa.gov/COVID19
- Receive health/safety text alerts: on.pa.gov/AlertPA
Adams County Directory
Adams County Assistance (Public Welfare Office)
Adams County Children And Youth Services
Adams County Community Foundation
Adams County Housing Authority
Adams County Office For Aging
Adams Rescue Mission
Adams County Volunteer Tax Assistance (Vita) Coalition
A partnership between United Way of Adams County, South Central Community Action Program, and Manos Unidas Hispanic-American Center, with support from Adams County Office for Aging – Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), offers FREE federal, state, and local tax preparation by IRS-certified VITA/TCE volunteers for seniors, people with disabilities, and eligible low and moderate-income residents.
Arc of Pennsylvania
Arc of Pennsylvania provides services for people with developmental and intellectual disabilities. The Pennsylvania client assistance program provides advocacy for people with disabilities seeking services in employment and housing.
County of Adams
Family First Health
Gettysburg Senior Center
Gettysburg Soup Kitchen
22 West High Street (Prince of Peace Episcopal Church)
Gettysburg, PA 17325