50-Mile Swim Challenge
October 2021 – December 2022
Swim at the YWCA and earn rewards along the way!
- The objective of this challenge to swim a total of 50-miles over a period of time that works best for you.
- All ability levels are welcome to participate. The swimming stroke you use does not matter, only the distance completed.
- Use our white board on the pool deck to sign-up and track your progress.
- Earn prizes; after completing 25 miles earn a custom YWCA Swimmer Car Decal/Sticker & after completing 50 miles earn 2 weeks of FREE Membership which will be added to your YWCA account!
- Most importantly, have fun! Invite your friends to participate in the challenge too!
How Many Laps Are In A Mile?
1 Mile = 64 Lengths (1 Length = Down to the other side of the pool)
1 Mile = 32 Laps (1 Lap = Down to the other side of the pool & back)
1 Mile = 1,600 Meters (1 Length = 25 meters)
How Do I Get My Rewards When I’ve Reached 25 Miles & 50 Miles?
Stop by our Aquatics Office in the pool area and tell a staff member or contact our Aquatics Coordinator, Kristen Mooney at 717-334-9171 ext. 129 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
25-Mile Reward: Car Sticker/Decal (See Below)
50-Mile Reward: 2 weeks of FREE Membership which will be added to your YWCA account!
Please contact our Aquatics Coordinator, Kristen Mooney at 717-334-9171 ext. 129 or via email at email@example.com with any questions you have about the challenge! Best of luck to all of our amazing swimmers who are participating!