To Our Valued Members,
The YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County is happy to announce that effective May 31st we will be switching to a new software to manage our memberships, aquatics programs, sports & fitness programs, and childcare. In addition to a number of new behind-the-scenes functions this will provide our staff, there are multiple features of this software change that will directly benefit current members and new members alike.
- Our new system takes effect May 31st. Please bear with staff as they learn and perfect the new system.
- Our simplified pricing structure rolls out May 31st. Please see below for more details.
- Effective July 1st, the website portion of our software will take effect. See details below.
Web Account Access Will Allow You To:
- Sign up for memberships online. (If you choose to auto-terminate your membership, you will have to renew at the front desk)
- Check your membership status online to find your expiration date and membership information.
- See all of your check-ins at our facility.
- Authorize individuals to pick up your child from childcare.
- See all of your paid and upcoming childcare billing.
- Sign-up for classes, personal training, and programs.
- Schedule personal training.
- And more!
Simplified Membership Billing:
- Why is this happening?
- The new software handles membership information differently than our current system. This necessitated a change in how we structure our membership prices.
- What does this mean?
- We will be offering our lowest monthly rate to everyone regardless of payment method!
- What’s changing?
- Because of this change, we will be eliminating the current 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and annual prices. You are still able to purchase memberships that last that long, but it will now be a direct multiple of the lowest monthly rate currently offered.
- Example: A 3-month adult is currently $142. Instead, it will be 3 x $48 which equals $144.
- I’m currently a 3-month, 6-month, or annual member. What does this mean for me?
- When your membership expires, you can choose to renew at the same interval under the different pricing, or switch to a monthly withdrawal and cancel at your convenience.
- Alternatively, our new software will allow automatic renewals at whatever interval you desire. If you would like to sign up to have an annual membership auto-deducted from your account every year, we can set that up too!
- If I’m already an EFT member, what should I expect?
- If you are already an EFT member with a bank draft, your rate and account will stay the exact same.
- If you are already an EFT member with a credit card payment, your monthly rate will actually decrease to the new rate.
- But I like the price break for the 3-month, 6-month and annual memberships that is currently offered though!
- Don’t worry! We’ll be offering sales, discounts, and incentives throughout the year to make those intervals worthwhile. Keep an eye out for emails, posters, or other communications showing what sales are currently offered.
- We also have several discounts that still apply. The Senior Discount for purchasing a senior membership for a full year on the first weekday of the month will still be honored. Veteran’s discounts and Hallmark Sponsor discounts can still be applied where applicable.
Change can be a lot to take in, but everyone here at the YWCA will be happy and willing to help you navigate these changes. From our fitness center employees to our group fitness class instructors, from our pool lifeguards to our administrative team, and from our childcare workers to our front desk staff, we are all here to help and support you. If you have any specific questions regarding these upcoming changes, please do not hesitate to call me at my direct extension 717-334-9171 x 120. We look forward to supporting you better than ever before!
Director of Membership & Retention